Picture of Daryl Hedley
Showcase for the community
by Daryl Hedley - Thursday, 22 January 2015, 5:30 PM

Hey Everyone,

I've been thinking for quite a while now that it would be good to have a showcase area on the community site. Maybe this is a post or a dedicated area on the community site where members from the community can post things/course/plugins or anything they've built with Adapt.

I know a lot of people are working on cool projects too and it would be nice for not only the community to know about these but for new users wanting to see what Adapt can do. The current demo is really out of date, uses the old code base and I don't think it showcases the true power of Adapt. I've seen a few websites around OS projects and they seem to do something similar - for instance Backbone.js site has products built using Backbone and it helps users understand the usage more. Not only that but it could be used to share ideas and discussions around features people have built.

How do people feel about this?

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Showcase for the community
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 22 January 2015, 6:58 PM

I think this is an excellent idea.

FYI the current demo is also quite broken in safari iOS 8 - as someone has pointed out here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=534

So we really need to get that updated - suggest doing once new version is out.

Paul Welch
Re: Showcase for the community
by Paul Welch - Thursday, 22 January 2015, 8:04 PM

Hi,

I agree and suggested a similiar thing back in November (amongst other changes I'd like us to make) in this post. Perhaps the galleries might be the first thing we make available as part of a wider site redesign to support the rollout of V2.0 of the framework and the wider release of the authoring tool.

Thanks,

Paul