Picture of Łukasz Grela
[spoor][Reload]LMS version doesnt work
by Łukasz Grela - Monday, 26 January 2015, 8:33 AM

Hi,

I've tried to upload my course to the LMS and found that it doesnt ever set status to completed, and I can't find a reason why. On the Reload SCORM 1.2 Player It does the same. I can see that there is no suspend data stored in the LMS which I think can be the source of the problems.

Has anyone faced problems with tracking? My course is a single page with no assessment.

All my blocks have the "_trackingId" set, starting from 0 to 23, I have set in the course.json

"_latestTrackingId": 23,

In config.json I have

"_spoor": {
        "_tracking": {
            "_requireCourseCompleted": true,
            "_requireAssessmentPassed": false,
            "_shouldSubmitScore": false
        },
        "_reporting": {
            "_comment": "Your options here are 'completed', 'passed', 'failed', and 'incomplete'",
            "_onTrackingCriteriaMet": "completed",
            "_onQuizFailure": "incomplete"
        }
    }

In Reload Scorm 1.2 Player it does one more strange thing - all the quiz components (mcq and slider) doednt show user/modal answer button. In both the "_attempts" is set to 1. And when run from localhost I can see the question to show user/modal answer buttons after first attempt but on Reload it presents with reset buttton (on slider untill you select correct answer, in mcq it shows reset but it is disabled).

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: [spoor][Reload]LMS version doesnt work
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 26 January 2015, 9:42 AM

Are you getting any errors when you run it from the LMS?

Are you able to post a copy of the course we can take a look at?

Picture of Dan Gray
by Dan Gray - Monday, 26 January 2015, 10:31 AM

The last value "_onQuizFailure": "incomplete" is not correct.

Spoor requires the following value in config.json:

"_onAssessmentFailure": "incomplete"

Not sure this will solve your specific issue but _onAssessmentFailure is the correct setting.

See https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor/blob/v1.1.6/js/adapt-contrib-spoor.js#L105

and https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor/blob/v1.1.6/example.json#L12

Picture of Łukasz Grela
by Łukasz Grela - Monday, 26 January 2015, 10:55 AM

This is from the console when course loads:

connection.initialize called.
adapt.min.js:159 SCORM.API.find: API found. Version: 1.2
adapt.min.js:159 API: [object Object]
adapt.min.js:159 SCORM.data.get(cmi.core.lesson_status)  value: incomplete
adapt.min.js:159 SCORM.data.get(cmi.suspend_data)  value: {"spoor":{"completion":"111111111111111111111111","_isCourseComplete":true,"_isAssessmentPassed":false}}

I'll try with your propositions.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 26 January 2015, 12:16 PM

you say it's not setting suspend_data - but it seems from that console output that it certainly has managed to:

adapt.min.js:159 SCORM.data.get(cmi.suspend_data)  value: {"spoor":{"completion":"111111111111111111111111","_isCourseComplete":true,"_isAssessmentPassed":false}}

That shows the course is successfully retrieving the stored suspend_data from the LMS.

What's strange is that Adapt thinks the course is complete - yet the lesson_status has not been set to 'completed'.

Have you by any chance changed the settings in config.json and not started a new session in the LMS? For example you could get into this exact situation were you to upload a course with both '_requireCourseCompleted' and '_requireAssessmentPassed', launch the course, complete all the components, quit the course then change '_requireAssessmentPassed' to false and reupload. In that situation the course would never mark as completed, you would have to start a completely new LMS session with no previous tracking data.

Dan's right that _onQuizFailure should be _onAssessmentFailure - but since you don't have an assessment this isn't going to impact you.

Picture of Łukasz Grela
by Łukasz Grela - Monday, 26 January 2015, 5:30 PM

It works now, I've adjusted the _onQuizFailure to be _onAssessmentFailure in config.json