Picture of Chuck Lorenz
"required" property: boolean or array
by Chuck Lorenz - Thursday, 29 January 2015, 9:00 PM

Plugin Compatibility in the adapt-authoring wiki states:
"Your properties.schema file is otherwise a standard json schema file defining the attributes that will be added to the course json output and read by your plugin."

Regarding "required", I'm seeing properties.schemas for contrib components that set the value as a boolean, (e.g., "required": true); yet http://jsonschema.net flags this as an error, wanting instead to see an array of properties that are required (e.g.,"required":[ "_supportedLayout", "_graphic", "_isResetOnRevisit" ]).

Is this non-standard use of a boolean value intentional?

Picture of Dennis Heaney
Re: "required" property: boolean or array
by Dennis Heaney - Friday, 30 January 2015, 11:44 PM

Hi Chuck,

The current iteration of our schema files is based on the 3rd draft of the standard (see here). This makes it straightforward to transform these files into Mongoose schema (see here). 

We should consider moving to the new draft and updating our current schema importer for Mongoose. I'll capture that as a task in our issue tracker. It's possible that other issues with schema standards conformance exist - please alert us if you find other instances.

Thanks,

Dennis

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: "required" property: boolean or array
by Chuck Lorenz - Saturday, 31 January 2015, 1:27 AM

Thanks for the response. Makes sense. 

And thanks for all the hours you and the team are putting in. Excited about the upcoming release; I keep monitoring the dev branches!

Chuck