The core function of this role is to convert an art direction into a fully functional responsive theme which will behave consistently across a range of browsers and devices. Experience of implementing cross-browser/device compatible solutions and an awareness of browser quirks is therefore a must. On a day-to-day basis you will be building interactive elements, styling forms and advising on and enhancing the whole UX/UI experience for users. We’re always keen to take advantage of the very best technologies available on the market and you will be encouraged to research, recommend and introduce new tools and frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of HTML5 and CSS3
- Awareness of accessibility standards and best practice
- Good communication skills and focus on customer service
- Keen interest in the latest tools and techniques
- Knowledge of LESS, Velocity, Backbone, Handlebars and Grunt
- Experience of version control (ideally GIT and/or SVN)
- Experience of estimating work and managing workloads
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact me directly at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to apply please go to the City & Guilds Recruitment Portal.