Picture of Martin Sandberg
SCORM 2004
by Martin Sandberg - Thursday, 19 February 2015, 3:41 PM

Hi,

Has anyone got spoor to work with SCORM 2004?

In the startup face of a new project now and the LMS our customer has does not support anything else than SCORM 2004. So I need to get this running.

My approach right now is to change the manifestfile and to set the wrapper to use 2004. First attempts not going as planned so any tips would be greatly appreceated.

Best regards,

Martin

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: SCORM 2004
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 19 February 2015, 4:56 PM

Hi Martin

I haven't tried SCORM 2004 in the current incarnation of Adapt but it I know it worked fine for a course we built in Adapt 'Classic' - the version of Adapt that preceded the Open Source version.

Obviously there are slight differences but in scormWrapper.js and SCORM_API_Wrapper.js they should be minor to non-existent.

Could you shed any light on what is not working?

by Martin Sandberg - Friday, 20 February 2015, 8:40 AM

Not sure what is happening. If I run the course locally it works fine and complains that it did not find the SCORM API. If I upload the package to a server (scorm cloud or Totara) it does not load the menu it is just spinning...

Trying to find out what is happening... hoping to get it working today

by Martin Sandberg - Friday, 20 February 2015, 9:56 AM

Found out what med it just stop... I had not found all places in the code that set the version of SCORM so part of the code was running 2004 and part 1.2. Not good...

Now it's up and running but not reporting correctly yet. At least I can now tweak it and see what happens in the logfiles.

by Martin Sandberg - Friday, 20 February 2015, 1:02 PM

The course is working as it should in SCORM 2004 now... thanks for your input folks

Picture of steve keplinger
by steve keplinger - Friday, 20 February 2015, 9:49 AM

I had a similar problem with that was caused by jpg's.  Powerpoint exports the jpg with captials JPGs and it just spun and spun until I got the cases right.

Have a check that the cases are all the same.

S

by Martin Sandberg - Friday, 20 February 2015, 1:05 PM

I am using fiddler to check for problems like that:

http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

It will show you all webtraffic and show if something is not loading correctly.