scorm completion status issue
by 360 elearning - Wednesday, 25 February 2015, 7:14 AM

Respected

I have a question regarding scrom,

I have built a course, and have used

"_pageLevelProgress": {
"_isEnabled": true
}

and now I want to show its completion status on scrom like I have attacted an example snapshot when progress bar is completed

what steps should i have to take in my code, so that after the progress bar completed, It will be marked and shown as completed in scrom

Thanks in advance for helping me in this problem

Regards: 

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: scorm completion status issue
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 25 February 2015, 9:26 AM

The Page Level Progress extension is just used as a visual indicator for what you've completed in a course. 

To enable SCORM tracking, you'll need to install the adapt-contrib-spoor plugin.

Details on how to use it are in the README for the plugin, and can be viewed on GitHub, but you basically just need to:

• Add the config options to course/config (see the example.json on GitHub for more)
  • Run grunt tracking-insert from a bash shell

All of the information you need is in the repo for the extension on GitHub, but feel free to post any questions you have here.

Picture of 360 elearning
by 360 elearning - Monday, 2 March 2015, 5:49 AM

Sir Tom Taylor

I didn't get much from the documentation. 

Problem:

when I run the course with 'grunt server ' command, and go through each component, it gives me popup like the attached one.

but when I uploaded it to my LMS system, it is not capturing/ triggering the same, like I want at the last component, I will gives popup to show to user that you have completed the course.

Regards:

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 2 March 2015, 9:57 AM

the popup that is appearing when you run grunt server is set to appear only when something goes wrong. in this case, it is appearing because no LMS can be found

when you run the course from an LMS it should therefore not appear as the LMS should be found.

you can force it to appear if you want, however it doesn't sound like that's quite what you are after.

if you want a popup to appear when the course has completed then that is something you will have to add as a custom feature.

Picture of 360 elearning
by 360 elearning - Monday, 2 March 2015, 11:26 AM

Thanks Sir Matt Leathes

May you guide me to add this custom functionality to my course

Actually, before I have worked with html and css files and at that time, I did like this one 

http://pipwerks.com/2008/05/08/adding-scorm-code-to-an-html-file/

var success = scorm.set("cmi.core.lesson_status", "completed");

now I want to add this type of functionality to my course.

Regards:

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Monday, 2 March 2015, 3:31 PM

Provided the spoor component is configured correctly, the course should be set to complete automatically.