Picture of Rob Mausser
Reveal Component
by Rob Mausser - Monday, 2 March 2015, 5:19 PM

Hi there, in this video at the 12:20 mark

http://youtu.be/RiRyGP5BuNM?t=12m20s

There is a component that the narrator calls a "reveal"

is there any way I can find this component?

Or is it not available yet.

Thanks!

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Reveal Component
by Chuck Lorenz - Monday, 2 March 2015, 5:37 PM

Hi Rob,

I believe it is this component that is being referenced:
https://github.com/LearningPool/adapt-contrib-reveal

Assuming you have the adapt command line interface installed, you can generate a list of registered plugins (components, extensions, themes) by running
adapt search
or look for a particular plugin with a variation such as
adapt search contrib-reveal

Plugins can be installed with variations on this command:
adapt install contrib-reveal

Paul Welch
by Paul Welch - Tuesday, 3 March 2015, 10:29 AM

Hi Rob,

You might also want to look at this: https://github.com/cgkineo/adapt-peelBackHotspot

It’s essentially a reveal component with optional hot spots on the revealed graphic. The whole component becomes an accordion for mobile.

It’s been written for a client project, with a view to be released as a V 2.0 component but it may work for you.

Many thanks,

Paul

Picture of Arend Raifsnider
by Arend Raifsnider - Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 5:52 PM

I've been experimenting with these components and can't get the reveal one working at all. Perhaps that's an issue with it not being updated for v2 of the framework.

I've also tried the peelBackHotspot one. This seems to work, though I'm having trouble getting it formatted right. My _background image seems stretched and my _foreground image seems a completely different size that sits in the wrong coordinates. I played a bit with the _maxHeight setting but can't seem to get it right. It also doesn't seem to become an accordion component when shrunk down either, though that's set to true.

Anyone able to make either of these work?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 14 April 2016, 10:13 AM

Could you log an issue in the github repo of each of these, giving as much information about what you did, how to replicate, screenshots/json snippets (where helpful) etc?

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Monday, 2 March 2015, 5:48 PM

Not all plugins are bundled with the framework. Those that have the prefix adapt-contrib are plugins that have been acknowledged by the Adapt Community as "offically" supported. Others begin simply with adapt-. Not all plugins are registered, so you can search github to see what others you can find. If you do so, look over the README.md and/or look at the source code before installing. You'll be responsible for judging the state and quality of the code.

Picture of Rob Mausser
by Rob Mausser - Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 10:02 PM

Thanks everyone this really helps me out!

Cant wait to get my hands dirty with some unofficial plugins

Picture of Rob Mausser
by Rob Mausser - Monday, 23 March 2015, 8:32 PM

Hey, just a question.

If a plugin is not registered, do I have to install it in a special way?

Or do I just download the Zip from git online and put that folder into my src/extensions or src/components in Adapt?

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 2:45 PM

Hi Rob,

Yes, you just download the zip and extract it into the relevant src folder, i.e. extensions, components, etc.

Regards,

Brian