Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
Access Adapt Authoring from other computer then local
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Thursday, 5 March 2015, 10:27 AM

Hi Guys,

First I want to say this is a great great tool to create eLearning content 2.0 (responsive).

I managed to install Adapt Authoring tool onto my "development" server which runs on Fedora 21. The tool is also running perfectly when I open a browser on this server and enter localhost:5000. The problem is that I would like to have more people working within this tool so I would like to access it from other computers via <ip address>:5000. At this moment it is only possible to access it on the server local.

I have opened the port tcp/udp 5000 in the firewall on the server but that didn't help. Should I adjust come configurations in either adapt authoring or in the nodejs?

Thank you in advanced !

Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
Re: Access Adapt Authoring from other computer then local
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Thursday, 5 March 2015, 5:24 PM

OK, I feel really stupid right now.

Made a rookie mistake.

I did open port 5000 in the firewall under permanent only and not under runtime. So when I added the ports there the problem was solved.

I was looking for some configuration that might have been controlled by adapt author tool. But it turned out to be a server setting.

Thanks anyways!

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Access Adapt Authoring from other computer then local
by Tom Taylor - Friday, 6 March 2015, 11:39 AM

Thanks for posting your solution, sure other people will come across similar issues.