Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
Uploading image hangs at 100% in asset manager
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Friday, 6 March 2015, 9:53 AM

Hi,

When I try to upload an image in the asset manager,  I am able to browse for an image, give it a title and description. Then when I click on save I see the progress bar filling up to 100% really quick and it hangs there there is no confirmation or anything else that tells me the image has been uploaded into the asset manager.

What could be the problem? 

Cory Shain
Re: Uploading image hangs at 100% in asset manager
by Cory Shain - Friday, 6 March 2015, 1:02 PM

I've run into this issue as well. It only happens with certain image files, but it happens consistently with those particular ones (I've just been using JPG). I haven't been able to figure out what's special about these files, but I find if I save them to JPG again from Photoshop, they're then able to upload. This isn't ideal since it adds extra steps and results in quality degradation (saving twice to a lossy format), so I'm all ears for suggestions.

by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Friday, 6 March 2015, 2:22 PM

@Cory: I have tried uploading several image formats (.jpg.jpeg.png.bmp) from different graphical editors (Photoshop CC, Illustrator,Gimp) but all has the same result when uploading into the asset manager. 

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Friday, 6 March 2015, 4:06 PM

Hi Joannes,

Can I ask which browser you're using?  Also, do you have FFMpeg installed and ;useffmpeg' set in your config.json?

Regards,

Brian

by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Monday, 9 March 2015, 7:47 AM

@Brian

Hi, I use latest versions of Chrome and Internet Explorer.

As for FFMpeg...I thought I had it correctly installed but when I checked the version none come up. In the configuration file I stated true for ffmpeg. After installing ffmpeg the problem was solved.

Many thanks!

Mark
by Mark Lynch - Friday, 6 March 2015, 5:35 PM

Hi,

have you checked the permissions on your image asset folder? The account running your node process may not have enough rights to place files into that folder.

Mark.

by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Monday, 9 March 2015, 7:27 AM

@ Mark

Hi, I have all permissions open for the folder. If I go to the asset folder I also see the images there but not in the GUI of the asset manager.