Picture of Jane  Brotchie
Can I use Adapt now?
by Jane Brotchie - Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 12:28 PM

Is Adapt ready for end users to design courses?

I do not have the technical knowledge to download the code, host and set it up but I'd like to try it out and maybe use it for some new projects.

If it's not got to that stage yet are there plans for an open source online builder that anyone can access? Apologies if this information is somewhere else - I've had a look but didn't spot it. 

I know that Learning Pool offers an online builder with their subscription service, which looks like a great package for larger companies but may not be quite what I need.

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Can I use Adapt now?
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 18 March 2015, 4:23 PM

Hi Jane,

Unfortunately, the authoring tool is still at a very early pre-release stage, and so is not suitable for non-technical users. The plan is that by the time of version 1.0, anyone will be able to install and use the tool to publish their own Adapt projects, but the bad news is that this is still a long way off.

However, we are currently running a closed beta test program in which we have made available a hosted version of the tool for the community to try out which you are more than welcome to join (see this forum post for more information). It's important to reiterate though that we're still very early on in development, so things can (and probably will) break - but we're here to help sort things out. 

Picture of Jane  Brotchie
Re: Can I use Adapt now?
by Jane Brotchie - Thursday, 19 March 2015, 12:27 PM

Thanks Tom. I shall exercise some patience! I won't sign up for beta testing just yet but I might be interested further down the line when you have a stable version. Good luck, it's a great project and much needed.