Picture of Jorge Castrillo
New project adapt
by Jorge Castrillo - Wednesday, 18 March 2015, 2:19 PM

first of all, sorry for my english.

I want to present you a new project in adapt with some modification that i working the last 2 months. would Apreciate your feedback. for questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

see the link:

http://riversidebt.com/demoAdapt/index.html

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: New project adapt
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 18 March 2015, 3:43 PM

Hi Jorge,

First of all, the course looks great! - It's interesting to see that you've taken a slide-based approach as opposed to the 'scrolling page'.

Depending on the kind of feedback you're looking for, I'd suggest maybe also starting a thread on our new Responsive eLearning Forum, which focusses more on instructional design (whereas this forum is aimed at a more technical audience). If you're looking for advice on how to improve the overall learning experience, then that's a great place to go.

If you have any more technical queries about working with the framework, this is the place to be.

A few questions for you:

• How did you find working with Adapt as a whole?
  • Did you write any custom plugins?
  • I noticed you use a lot of audio, how do you deal with that?
Picture of x z
Re: New project adapt
by x z - Thursday, 19 March 2015, 9:32 AM

Re:sliding rather than scrolling: I'm viewing topic 1 on an iPhone 5, vs 7. When I open it   in landscape, I get the L/R sliding slides. If I open it with the device held vertically, I get a scrolling version. If I start in landscape, switch to vertical, and then switch back to landscape. I get the sliding slides first,  then the scrolling version, and that's where it stays. Rotating the device to horizontal after it's been vertical doesn't bring back the sliding slides. Thought this might be interesting feedback.

BTW-- I like way you are using the strengths of the tool by keeping your learning chunks clean (not jazzed up with extra effects that are glitzy but distracting and complicated to navigate) and your text short, pertinent, and punctuated by other media. In some of the other Adapt shared examples, when one gets to page 2, the learner experience is pretty much the same as in a text book or many standard LMS courses and apps -- long-winded articles pushing content in an encyclopedic style. There should be a difference between Adapt's 'deep scrolling' model and the all too familiar 'scroll of death'. Your slides approach is definitely a step in the right direction.

Thanks for sharing it.

-Sue Hellman (Canada)