In anticipation of the upcoming release of version 2.0 of the framework we thought it would be a good idea to talk a little bit about the improved assessment functionality, along with asking the community what they would like to see next and sharing a few ideas the Adapt team have had.
We know that the elementary assessment in version 1.0 wasn’t as fully featured as we’d have liked so the big ticket news items for version 2 are:
- Configurable question banks with randomisation
- Improved results screen that allows for presentation of a score and feedback related to a given band of performance. Also, providing the ability to present question specific feedback on the results screen (probably most likely used for quiz type treatments rather than multiple attempt final assessments)
However, we know we can do more on assessment and conversations have already started on what’s next. xAPI support is already on the radar, but what do the community think about the following as potential assessment related plugins and are we missing anything you’d like to see?
Ideas so far:
- Diffuse assessments which measures performance of a learner answering questions in a course which is then used to configure the final assessment – subject matter failed more often lead to greater scrutiny in the final assessment as these questions are tested more thoroughly than those were performance has been high
- Multiple assessment articles were it’s possible to present several distinct assessments in which performance is averaged to calculate a score
- A guided revision feature which keeps track of what questions are failed in an assessment and then creates a tailored revision plan (each failed question would be linked to one or more components of content to make this possible)
- Smart diagnostic which flips guided revision on its head to use the same functionality to flag required content and tailor learner journey based on a pre (rather than post) assessment
- An over-arching dashboard that allowed the learner to interpret and understand the data if one or more of these approaches outlined above were being used
Let us know what you think of the above and what’s important to you/your organisations needs so we can factor it into the roadmap.
Thanks in advance,