Authoring Tool
by Richard Hubbert - Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 7:40 PM

Hi 
Problem with Authoring Tool
1. Mongo running
2. Authoring Tool running
3. Create course fine
4. Save course fine
5. Preview .. not working .. says "Error generating preview, please contact Administrator"
6. Publish not working .. says ..
ReferenceError: callback is not defined
    at /Users/mac/adapt_001/routes/download/index.js:52:7
    at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:107:15)

Any ideas.

Picture of Michael Memory
Re: Authoring Tool
by Michael Memory - Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 3:16 AM

Hey Richard,

Did you by any chance find a solution? I was having the same successes/problems. I tried installing on a different computer, and now I can't even save a course or upload assets.

Hardware: Mac OSX 10.9.5

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 8:38 AM

Hi Michael,

Which version of NodeJS and MongoDB are you running?  Right now only version 0.10.33 of NodeJS and version 2.8 of MongoDB are supported.

Is there any more information in your console output?  Did you have any errors during the initial installation?

Brian

by Michael Memory - Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 2:12 PM

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the heads up! I must have thought it was 0.10.33 or higher. I'll look into switching to the correct versions.

As for the information on the console, I'm only seeing normal mongodb processes running. There were only errors in the installation when I didn't run it in 'sudo'. Otherwise everything seemed to install just fine.

Michael

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 2:33 PM

Hi Michael,

Running the install script as sudo will most likely have created the temp/working folders as sudo also, which of course would have an impact if you later start the server.js as a non-sudo user.

I'm not sure why you received errors during the installation, but this could possibly be because you installed NodeJS or npm modules as sudo.  If you have done this, you will most likely have problems with any NodeJS application.

This link might be of some assistance:
http://www.johnpapa.net/how-to-use-npm-global-without-sudo-on-osx/

Regards,

Brian

by Michael Memory - Thursday, 9 April 2015, 2:36 AM

Oh wow, that's good to know! Thanks for the link and the help! I'll look into making some of these changes.

Michael