Picture of Helen Bailey
Messed up installation :(
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 10:28 AM

I messed up my themes so tried to delete everything and start again by removing the adapt_authoring folder - have followed the same install procedure and it all goes ok until node install. At the end i get

Completed the npm install. 

Installing plugins for the Adapt framework.

'adapt' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or bath file.

ERROR: 1

ERROR:   1

Framework install failed. See console output for possible reasons.

Can anyone advise? Thank you.

Picture of Dennis Heaney
Re: Messed up installation :(
by Dennis Heaney - Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 11:58 AM

Hi Helen,

It appears that the adapt-cli is not installed.

Can you try running:

npm install -g adapt-cli

Then run the node install command again.

Dennis

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 12:49 PM

Hi Dennis - 

Yes I had done that before node install and it all seems to run fine - lots of http GETs and http 304s and then a warn about package.json > github-url-from-git@.1.1 No repository field.

any clues?!

Thank you for helping...
Picture of Dennis Heaney
by Dennis Heaney - Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 2:19 PM

Hi Helen,

The warning shouldn't affect the install, I think.

Are you confident that you included the -g switch in the npm install command? If so, then the error might be due to an intermittent issue we've seen with the adapt-cli, which can sometimes fail due to connectivity issues.

I wonder if you can just try running the node install command again, and see if you get a different result?

Thanks,

Dennis

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 4:38 PM

Hey Dennis,

I tired again with a fresh git install and I get as far as npm install within the adapt_authoring folder which seems to work fine.

I then type node install and it says this will install the adapt builder and i say y and enter.

It says The Adapt Framework was not found. It will be installed, then just goes back to the command line input arrow.

Does this help?

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 10:33 AM

Now the old version is asking me for a username and password and says this pre-release version only intended for selected audiences :/

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 11:30 AM

Well in the end I started again with a new user on my laptop and got it working - heaven knows what I did to mess up the last one!

Thanks for all the help :)

Picture of Dennis Heaney
by Dennis Heaney - Monday, 13 April 2015, 3:50 PM

Hi Helen,

Sorry - I missed your recent messages on this thread. I'm glad you got sorted, though.

The adapt-cli might have been at fault here, by the looks of it. It occasionally fails to fetch and install plugins, and has been know to fail silently.

The team has started to capture some requirements for improving this module, however, and making it a bit more stable, so hopefully we will see the back of such issues very soon.

Thanks

Den.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 16 April 2015, 9:38 AM

Cheers Dennis - my new installation seems to be working perfectly so far -touch wood!

Helen

Picture of Heather Edick
by Heather Edick - Sunday, 3 May 2015, 12:57 PM

Hi!

I'm having the same issues Helen described.  Should I just start over again as she did or could there be another solution?