Picture of Greg Pell
How to update components and/or framework with development versions?
by Greg Pell - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:59 PM

I am running the latest master branch of the authoring tool and would like to update some of my components and even the framework with the latest development branches in the hopes that some of the bugs I have been dealing with have been addressed.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Cheers

Greg

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: How to update components and/or framework with development versions?
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:12 PM

Greg,

In the user interface, go to the top left menu and Plugin Management - then you can go through each section and check for updates.

Hope that is what you were after?

Helen

Picture of Greg Pell
by Greg Pell - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:16 PM

I don't think that will grab the latest "Development" branch of that component though. I presume that only looks at the Master Branch. There are bugs fixed in the development branches that I am keen to testing :)

I assume there is a way to update those manually in the ../adapt_framework/plugins folder..?

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:40 PM

Greg - hmmm to be honest I'm getting very confused on how to play with and change things in the authoring tool - i'm getting mixed up in grunt build and all sorts. 

How are you doing with it?

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:15 AM

Hi Greg,

You're correct in that the authoring tool only tracks the 'master' branch/released version of all plugins. 

The 'develop' branch is reserved for what will become version 2.0.  There may be breaking changes between the 'master' and 'develop' branches, as obviously development is on-going. 

Basically the 'develop' version of plugins will work with the 'develop' branch of the Adapt Framework, so for compatibility you'd have to switch to the develop version of the framework in your /temp folder also.  You could do this altering the adapt_framework filesystem in the temp folder but there are no guarantees that something won't break.

Regards,

Brian