Picture of Michael Memory
Authoring Tool Preview/Publish
by Michael Memory - Friday, 17 April 2015, 3:06 AM

Thanks for getting version 0.1.0 out! I was able to successfully install it, and everything seems to be working fine, except for the Preview functionality (which didn't work for me on the last version either, so I'm assuming it's something I'm not doing correctly). When I click on 'Preview' it shows the loading bar until about 1/4 of the way, and then it disappears, and no preview is shown. If I click on it after that, it doesn't do anything.

Before attempting to preview, I created a course, article, block, and component as test content with nothing but titles. I also added a hero image to the course.

Is there a condition that needs to be met before seeing a preview of a new course?

Also, when I tested out the 'Publish' functionality, a folder was successfully downloaded, however when I try to open index.html, I am stuck on the loading screen with the rotating gif. Does that need to be run on a server?

Thanks for any help! Again, I think it's a fantastic tool so far.

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Authoring Tool Preview/Publish
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:18 AM

Michael,

Just a simple thing but you don't have popup blocker on? Worth asking ;)

I had problems with Preview too at one point and just deleted and then reinstated pages one at a time until I found the one that was causing the problem.

I have the same issue with Publish too - I see nothing n index.html, however if I upload the published zip to my LMS (Moodle) it works fine.

Cheers

Picture of Michael Memory
Re: Authoring Tool Preview/Publish
by Michael Memory - Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:03 PM

Helen,

Thanks so much. It was indeed the popup blocker! I'll have to try out uploading the course to an LMS later, but I'm sure that will be the missing link as well.

Michael