Picture of Sam Tsiu
Problem publishing a course
by Sam Tsiu - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 7:18 AM

I'd like to start my question with a big "Thank You" for the adapt learning team for making such a great tool.

I'm running into a problem with the course publishing. When I publish a course by press the "Publish" button in the authoring tool, instead of downloading a zip file, the page returns with the following:

Cannot GET /download/552401874b040d112c534d89/55240433e50d1b7f2c239110//download.zip?

the download.zip file seems generated fine as I could find it in the project's temp directory but I just couldn't download it directly from the browser.

I could download the zip file with a course of only a few components after a fresh install. It seems when the course grows I couldn't download it anymore. Something related to the size of the download.zip. 

The problematic download.zip is 40m in size.

My environment:

Mac OSX 10.10.3

Chrome: v42

Node 0.10.38

Many thanks for your help.

Sam

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Problem publishing a course
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 11:45 AM

Hi Sam,

Could the node version be an issue? Currently the authoring tool is tested only on version 0.10.33.  

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 12:10 PM

Thanks Chuck.

I'm not sure if it is caused by the node version. I will install the NVM to test in 0.10.33 and report back.

By the way, thanks very much for the great work. I was following your guide on github to modify a theme today:-)

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 4:22 PM

It is the node version causing the problem.

I build another course with node v0.10.33. the zipped course size is over 70M and downloaded fine.

Thanks again for your help, Chuck.

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Wednesday, 22 April 2015, 1:38 PM

Chuck

I've run into the same problem again with node v0.10.33.

and I've identified that the problem is actually caused by the Chinese characters in the Course title. If the course title/project title is in Chinese, the problem occurs. In English, everything's fine.

Could this something related to mongodb configuration?