Picture of Sam Tsiu
Missing Label filed for Slider component in the builder
by Sam Tsiu - Thursday, 23 April 2015, 2:57 PM

I cannot find the labelStart and labelEnd value field of the slider component in the authoring tool. 

any ideas?

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Missing Label filed for Slider component in the builder
by Chuck Lorenz - Thursday, 23 April 2015, 7:55 PM

Hi Sam,

I compared two files in the adapt-contrib-slider repo: example.json and properties.schema. It looks to me like your properties didn't make it into properties.schema. Check them out and see if you agree. If so, it might be good for you to create an issue.

example.json is supposed to include all the objects and properties required to use the plug-in. If done well, you can just about drop the JSON into components.json. However, example.json is not actually used by the plug-in's code. So if there's an error in it (or some properties are left out), it won't show up when running the code.

properties.schema tells the authoring tool how to present the properties for configuration: what label to use, whether to use a drop-down, etc., and then assigns the input to the property. 

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Friday, 24 April 2015, 5:46 AM

Thank you Chuck.

Yes, you're right that the label* properties didn't make it intothe properties.schema.

I'll create an issue.

Picture of Dan Gray
by Dan Gray - Friday, 24 April 2015, 11:07 AM

Thanks for creating the issue Sam. The properties.schema for slider has been fixed so you should be able to update this component in the authoring tool's plugin manager.

labelStart and labelEnd fields should then be available in your component edit screens.

Picture of Sam Tsiu
by Sam Tsiu - Friday, 24 April 2015, 12:05 PM

Thanks very much Dan.

Just to confirm that labelStart and labelEnd fields show up in the editor fine after updating the component within the build's plugin manager.

Cheers