Picture of justice kofi armah
Windows installation
by justice kofi armah - Monday, 27 April 2015, 9:18 AM

I have gone through the installation where I have to enter the following command

npm install to proceed with the installation

The attached documents shows the errors obtained

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Windows installation
by Chuck Lorenz - Monday, 27 April 2015, 11:47 AM

Hi Justice,

When I look at your documentation, the current working directory is GitHub. Can you confirm that this is the directory that holds the authoring tool source code that you cloned? Typically the current working directory would be authoring_tool since that is the directory that gets cloned.  authoring_tool contains the code that responds to the command "npm install."

Chuck

Picture of justice kofi armah
by justice kofi armah - Monday, 27 April 2015, 11:15 PM

thank you very much Chuck for responding to my problem. Its true I installed the GItHub before going through the installation procedures of installing  the node, ffmeg, mongo all that stuff. I would be glad if you can take me through the installation process once again.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 28 April 2015, 12:18 AM

Hi Justice,

Have you been out to the authoring tool wiki? and have you located these installation instructions? Installing Git is an important first step. It sounds like you're making progress. Compare what you've accomplished to the steps in the installation instructions. If you get stuck, bring details back to this thread as you did earlier; I and others will try to help you along. And if you make it all the way through, let us know, too!

Chuck