Picture of Michael Memory
Error on Preview
by Michael Memory - Saturday, 9 May 2015, 2:50 AM

I modified a theme and menu, and successfully uploaded them both as plugins to the authoring tool. They are selected in the menu and theme picker, and the original theme and menu are disabled in the plugin list.

When I try to preview the course with my custom themes, I get an error message suggesting I contact the administrator, and these errors are displayed in my node server console:

error: [08 May 2015 20:39:07 -06:00] exec error: Error: Command failed: /bin/sh: grunt: command not found

error: [08 May 2015 20:39:07 -06:00] Error: Command failed: /bin/sh: grunt: command not found 

error: [08 May 2015 20:39:07 -06:00] Error: Command failed: /bin/sh: grunt: command not found

When I dismiss the 'contact administrator' error in the authoring tool and select preview again, it works but displays the original Adapt vanilla theme.

I've seen one other post with a similar problem, but no solutions were suggested. Has anyone had this error and found a solution?

Picture of Michael Memory
Re: Error on Preview
by Michael Memory - Saturday, 9 May 2015, 9:47 PM

I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I just installed a new instance of the authoring tool, and my theme uploading/previewing is working fine now.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Monday, 11 May 2015, 8:55 AM

Hi Michael,

From your output it looks like you were having some issue with the Grunt package.  This is a dependency required by the Adapt Framework and Adapt Builder to actually build your courses.  Please refer to the documentation here:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring

You will see that adapt-cli and grunt-cli (installed with the global -g switch) are pre-requisites.

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 11 May 2015, 9:01 AM

So often the case Michael! You will undoubtedly stumble over a few things when getting to grips with Adapt in my experience, but it's so worth it when you've settled in and you get into the flow :) Enjoy!