me
Adapt Framework v2.0 - system spec
by Sven Laux - Thursday, 21 May 2015, 4:36 PM

Hi,

we're working hard on the v2.0.0 release of the Adapt framework and are now nearing the code freeze (i.e. the point at which we will stop developing new functionality). Once we have reached the code freeze (due in weeks rather than months), we will concentrate on testing and will provide a test package and testing instructions to the community. Any help with testing at that point would be very much appreciated.

In the meantime, we have drawn up an updated system spec for the core Adapt product. The draft document (attached) states (at a technical level) what the product consists of, which platforms it works on and what other standards apply. There will be further, more end-user friendly documentation nearer the time of release.

For those of you who have seen the previous standards document (link to the old document), you will see that we have updated the platform spec, removed the standards for the set of non-core components, and also removed the requirement for unit tests. In summary, these standards are now much more achievable and we are delivering and testing against these. The intention is that this will become a trusted resource, which accurately reflects the code.

Hope this is helpful and of interest.

Thanks,
Sven

Picture of Amir Elion
Re: Adapt Framework v2.0 - system spec
by Amir Elion - Thursday, 21 May 2015, 5:41 PM

Hi Sven, Would it be possible to add in the relevant cell in the table that we recommend plugins to follow RTL standards as well - and a link to the wiki page on how to do so:https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Adapt-Framework-Right-to-Left-(RTL)-support This way perhaps we can encourage and raise the awareness to it early on. It's not too hard to keep it as long as you are aware of the things to pay attention to. Thanks Amir
me
Re: Adapt Framework v2.0 - system spec
by Sven Laux - Friday, 5 June 2015, 9:06 AM

Hi Amir,

thanks for the reminder. I have added this to the document which will be issued with the release when it's ready.

Sven