Picture of Ulrich Kerzel
Reporting grades back to LMS (Moodle)
by Ulrich Kerzel - Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 9:29 AM

Dear all,

I successfully installed Adapt on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and created the example course.
Then following the instructions on 
https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Deploying-and-testing-your-Adapt-course
I did

• grunt tracking-insert
  • grunt build

from the command line prompt (I tried within a Node.js prompt as noted on the instruction but that didn't do anything?). Both commands completed without errors.
I then zipped up the content of the build folder and uploaded it as a SCORM package into Moodle 2.8.5

The content is well displayed, all media work well, the example film shows and the example also keeps track of which compoments I have completed (I think I had to use auto-backup in Moodle to make this work?).

However:

• even if I return to the course multiple times Moodle aways says I have made only one attempt
  • The grade is always reported back as 0%

(I guess one can go around this by doing the assessments in Moodle but the ones in Adapt are very nice)

Many thanks for any help or thoughts in advance

All the best

Uli

Picture of Ulrich Kerzel
Re: Reporting grades back to LMS (Moodle)
by Ulrich Kerzel - Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 10:34 AM

Dear all,

just a quick update - I tested with Scorm cloud as well, the completion tracking and score is not relayed back for my test

All the best

Uli

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 11:31 AM

first thing is check that you have correctly configured the tracking plugin. Documentation is here: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor/blob/master/README.md

Picture of Ulrich Kerzel
by Ulrich Kerzel - Thursday, 28 May 2015, 7:44 AM

Dear Matt,

great, many  thanks - that works now.

The example is reported back well to Moodle.

Now on to the authoring tool, as this would make creating a new course easier..

Best wishes

Ulrich