Picture of Sam S
Error Loading Course/Section
by Sam S - Monday, 1 June 2015, 9:38 PM

I am unable to load the content on one of my courses. My other courses work fine, just one in particular is stuck in "Loading..."

I was editing the course, and hit "Preview" as I normally do to check my updates. It took me to the course, but when I clicked on the course section, it entered the loading stage and got stuck. 

Any idea of what happened and how to fix it?

Cheers!

Sam

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Error Loading Course/Section
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 8:42 AM

This is usually down to a problem in one of the .json files.

I would go back to the authoring tool and make sure you've filled out all the fields for everything you've added, particularly for any instances of Hot Graphic/Narrative as I think there's an issue at the moment where it doesn't prevent you from previewing if you've missed out some required fields.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 4:09 PM

Just to echo what Matt said, this is 99% of the time due to a missing property which is required, or a missing asset.

Tip: Check your browser's Console for errors.  If you still find yourself 'stuck' on the Loading screen, in Chrome you can open the Developer Tools, inspect the markup, and remove <div class="loading></div>.  If you have Page Level Progress enabled, click on the icon and the page should at least partially render, and give you some indication of where the problem lies,

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 6:12 PM

Great tip!

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 3 June 2015, 12:18 PM

I agree - fantastic tip Brian thanks!

Picture of Sam S