Picture of LMZZ ZZ
Compatibility with WordPress
by LMZZ ZZ - Wednesday, 10 June 2015, 2:23 PM

Dear friends,

I recently discovered Adapt Learning and I'm very keen on using it on my e-learning platform. My question is on whether Adapt Learning is compatible with WordPress. My e-learning platform is built using the WPLMS theme (http://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/6780226).

If it is compatible, how do you install adapt learning on wordpress? What are the steps? Any technical guidance and experience on using adapt learning with wordpress would be appreciated.

Thanks!

LMZZ

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Compatibility with WordPress
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 10 June 2015, 3:48 PM

Hi LMZZ

Adapt's output currently only supports SCORM-conformant learning management systems - but it doesn't look like WPLMS supports SCORM, only xAPI (although there do seem to be a lot of people asking for SCORM support).

Currently Adapt does not support xAPI as SCORM is still by far and away the most common format, however, it is something we are looking to add as soon as we can get the resource/expertise.

As for how you'd upload into WPLMS, that's really something you need to consult their documentation about. I can tell you that when uploading a SCORM-enabled course into into a SCORM conformant LMS, it's usually just a case of uploading a zip file containing the course (and some files that describe the course) to the LMS. Some learning management systems inevitably add a whole load of complicated steps around this, but at some point in the process you always upload a zip file.

Picture of Tracy Burrell
by Tracy Burrell - Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 5:48 PM

Matt,

Do you know if this means that the published output of a module built in the Adapt Builder without the Spoor extension enabled for providing SCORM tracking (ie the presumably non-SCORM compliant zip file) is capable of being uploaded to a web / blog site and working OK?  My organisation would like to provide access to some of our Adapt courses to the project funders without having to set them up on our VLE and we're hoping we can host them outside the VLE for this.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 19 June 2015, 3:05 PM

Hi Tracy

Yes that's right it certainly can, we've done this many times ourselves.

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Thursday, 18 June 2015, 6:19 AM

Hi LMZZ

I've had a quick squizz at the WPLMS link you supplied and can see it is compatible with both Articulate products and Adobe Captivate which are scorm based.  This should mean Adapt would function on the LMS...

Just a thought.

Simon

Picture of Svein-Tore Griff With
by Svein-Tore Griff With - Friday, 9 October 2015, 2:48 PM

I've heard about Adapt, but today is the first day I have a closer look at it, and it seems to be a lovely project :)

I'm part of the team behind a similar project called H5P. It is a project that is quite similar to adapt with a focus on interactive learning content. H5P doesn't produce Scorm packages but is instead a platform plugin. With H5P you may create interactive content directly in Wordpress.

Here are examples of H5P's responsive interactive content.

And H5P's Wordpress Plugin :)

Picture of x z
by x z - Friday, 9 October 2015, 5:20 PM

Hi Svein-Tore,

I've looked at H5P before, but don't have a separate website so am not sure how I'd make it work -- possibly create a website & then use embed code to bring the individual activities into my LMS? Is there any way just to copy the code directly into an HTML block in my LMS and get it working without the plugin?

Also, I really want interactives that will work on all smartphones and have tested each of your samples on my iPhone 5S. The ones that work are wonderful, but many do not. 

Here is my summary:

Interactive video -- no interactives & sample starts & stops every few seconds. Gave up on trying to get it to play all the way through.

Memory game -- usable, but responsive design choices aren't great. Far too much scrolling is required for a game with more than 10 or 12 cards. Without any way to differentiate the cards from the back, it's hard to keep track of where you are in the array.

Appear.in -- got only a big grey box & that was not sized properly for my screen; right side was cut off. In landscape, lost both right and bottom.

Board game -- would not resize properly for my screen; see only the left half of the first page so cannot play; could not resize manually or scroll so content not displayed was inaccessible.

Collage -- very slow to load; after 1 minute could see only 1 of the 3 images

Drag & drop -- image cuts off & cannot be resized. The one in the Question Set quiz shows only 1/3 of the main image and one box & choice.

IFrame embedder -- was so slow to load, I though it wasn't working at first; once loaded, it did not resize properly for my screen; could not resize manually or scroll so content not displayed was inaccessible; when on full screen landscape both the right and bottom were cut off and I could not scroll to see what was missing

Timeline -- the bottom cuts off so most of what's in the slider cannot be seen

As mentioned above, the tools that do work are great, and I like that, as far as loading was concerned, they picked up where I left off if I revisited an activity a second time. A page that was slow to load, resumed loading rather than starting over.

Could I  fix problem of the images and activities cutting off by adjusting the code to display as a percentage of screen width? 

It probably makes more sense to continue this discussion via email or direct message in this Moodle. You can reach me at suehellman [d-t] edu [at] gm--l [d-t] [c-m] 

Thx.

SueH 

Picture of Svein-Tore Griff With
by Svein-Tore Griff With - Friday, 9 October 2015, 6:28 PM

Great that you've heard about H5P!

Since this is a public forum I would like to answer some of this for others reading this thread:

LMS - Best integration with an H5P plugin for the LMS (Will soon be available for Moodle), possible with iframe and we will support IMS LTI by the end of the year.

Mobile - We currently have 25 content types, and we don't require community members to make them work on all devices, but most of them do. Works better on Android because Android has better HTML5 support. (Administrators may choose wich content types should be available)

Interactive Video - iPhone doesn't support HTML5 on top of the video. iPad and most Android devices does. We will make an app for iPhone if they don't fix this soon.

Collage - Will be fixed next week. It isn't available in our download package yet because of the issues you mention among other things

Drag and Drop and Timeline - We will look into this

You may fix some of the issues with css, but not all. I'm sending you a short e-mail now :)

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 9 October 2015, 7:20 PM

You should be able to do HTML5 on top of video even on an iPhone if you render the video in <canvas>...