Picture of Michael Memory
Hot Graphic Tip Video
by Michael Memory - Friday, 12 June 2015, 3:35 AM

Hello everyone,

Here is a quick screencast I made, to help out with Hot Graphics in the Authoring Tool. I noticed there were some comments about working with Hot Graphics. In the video I describe the trick I use (using the developer tools in the browser) to make manipulating Icons on the Hot Graphic much more efficient.

It's explained as if you are a non-developer, so I hope it's fairly straightforward for someone who isn't familiar with the browser developer tools.

Michael

Picture of Bill Randall
Re: Hot Graphic Tip Video
by Bill Randall - Friday, 12 June 2015, 7:20 AM

Great tip, thanks Michael!  I use the framework, so this makes a huge difference time-wise.

Bill

by Michael Memory - Friday, 12 June 2015, 2:09 PM

I'm glad it is of use!

me
by Sven Laux - Friday, 12 June 2015, 8:26 AM

Hi Michael,

thank you very much for doing this - it's an excellent resource and really helpful. I can see you have really thought about how to get the point across and the instructions are very clear. Would you be happy for us to put this on our YouTube channel?

Chuck, Lucy, Paul and Helen have been focusing on producing a great set of documentation for version 2.0 of the Adapt framework and we're also planning to do create more short videos to show what components do and examples of their use. In summary, the work you've done here is exactly in line with that and I'm keen we harness it for the project. Hope that's ok - please let me know.

On that note, I'd also like to let the entire community know how encouraging and helpful this type of effort is. It's very beneficial to the community and also a great way to get involved.

Thanks again,
Sven

by Michael Memory - Friday, 12 June 2015, 2:08 PM

Sven,

Feel free to include it on your youtube channel. What do you need to be able to do this?

Also, are there any videos in particular that you would like to see? For instance, I can create a simple demonstration on how to create a custom theme and import it into the builder...etc.

Michael

me
by Sven Laux - Friday, 12 June 2015, 2:25 PM

Hi Michael,

thanks - great that you're willing to share this for the channel! I'll write to you directly via the messaging system about the detail. 

I really like your suggestion of creating and importing a theme. I also think it might be helpful to have something showing an installation of the authoring tool from scratch.

In principle, we're really keen on anything that shows tips & tricks on working with Adapt, examples of use (e.g. highlighting how people have approached the learning design), etc.

Thanks again,
Sven

me
by Sven Laux - Thursday, 18 June 2015, 3:45 PM

Hi Michael,

thank you very much again for this - I have uploaded it to the Adapt video channel. Very much appreciated!

Sven

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Saturday, 13 June 2015, 11:37 AM

Really nice, Michael. Keep 'em coming!

Picture of Tracy Burrell
by Tracy Burrell - Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 6:27 PM

Hi Sven,

I've put together the attached quick Word doc with info on the core components we've used in our courses created with the Adapt Builder so far, as I couldn't find anything last time I looked for anyone wanting an overview of how all the core components look to the end user.  Hope it's of benefit to the community.