Picture of Matt Leathes
Adapt and Microsoft Edge
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 30 June 2015, 9:30 AM

I finally managed to get around to downloading and installing the preview release of Windows 10 - which includes Microsoft's replacement for Internet Explorer, Edge.

I gave the Adapt v2.0.0 framework preview release a quick run through in the Edge preview release - good news: everything works fine. The only issue I could find was a slightly misaligned block background image in co-05.

The new theme in particular looks great on Windows 10, it really matches the Windows UI nicely.

Whilst this is good news, it is just a quick test in a preview release. Further testing will need to be done when Windows 10 is actually released (29th July) - particularly across devices as the main selling point of Win10 is that it's one OS for all your devices, so no more Window RT or Windows Phone.

Picture of Dave Wallace
Re: Adapt and Microsoft Edge
by Dave Wallace - Sunday, 10 January 2016, 8:57 PM

Thanks for the initial results Matt. Is there an update on the Adapt projects' view to browser support and testing approach?

There's been some movement on this topic lately for us, given Microsoft's impending support cuts as of tomorrow, which will likely prompt questions from owners of Adapt content around what to test in existing content builds, how to proactively work with Adapt to ensure the best forwards compatibility, and how people can lend a hand testing.

cheers,

Dave

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt and Microsoft Edge
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:46 AM

Hi Dave

This is a great time to be asking this question, what with today being the day that Microsoft drop support for IE8/9/10 for all except a few of their more obscure operating systems.

I've asked for a general review of supported browsers to be added as an agenda item for next week's framework call.