Picture of Simon Ray
Reporting back to Scorm/LMS
by Simon Ray - Monday, 6 July 2015, 12:49 AM

Hi developers

Is there any thought as to having Adapt provide reporting information back to the LMS on the learners individual responses to MCQ's et al in courses?

So, for our Level 1 course built by Kineo, we have our learners answer questions as they go, which then determines how many questions they get in the final assessment.  What I'd love to do is to run a report out of our Totara LMS that shows me how each question is being answered.

Does this already exist?

Simon

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Reporting back to Scorm/LMS
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 6 July 2015, 8:56 AM

Hi Simon

Certainly, I've logged a ticket here: https://adaptlearning.atlassian.net/browse/ABU-690

The main reasons this hasn't been a higher-priority item are that firstly it's an 'optional' feature of SCORM 1.2 and so not many learning management systems implement it (Totara does though). Secondly, even in those that do, it's not always very straightforward to run a report against that data. Finally, not that many people are even that interested in getting into that level of detail about the users' responses, which is a shame because I think it's a very useful way of looking of looking at how well your e-learning is performing.

Here at Kineo we have implemented this level of tracking as a custom job for one or two clients already. The only reason we haven't fed that back into the community yet is that it only had to cover a couple of question types (MCQ, GMCQ) and not the whole range that Adapt supports.

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Monday, 6 July 2015, 11:21 PM

Hi Matt

Thanks for the response.  Good to know its available.  Would it be easy to retro fit it into an existing course, or would that take a bit of re-building? Did you work on our course?

Simon

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 10:06 AM

No problem at all. It would be relatively easy to retro-fit into an existing course.

I didn't work on your course myself - but am in the same team as the people who did.