Picture of michael lennon
SCORM 1.2 Quiz Tracking
by michael lennon - Monday, 13 July 2015, 3:47 PM

Folks,

Sorry for the stupid question, but how can I track scores for the quizzes? How does the question weight property work for a quiz component?  I have configured the spoor extension but passing/failing questions does not affect the overall result in the LMS.

Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: SCORM 1.2 Quiz Tracking
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 13 July 2015, 4:25 PM

Hi Michael

How have you configured the spoor extension exactly?

Also, can I just check you're using the assessment extension too?

by michael lennon - Monday, 13 July 2015, 8:35 PM

Hello Matt, yes I have. Assessment extension too.. It's tracking completion status . I'm just wondering if I need to add custom js to, for example a total score for a quiz.. to subsequently pass to the api.... or if any quiz related scorm tracking comes with the components themselves. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 9:30 AM

The assessment extension handles creating an overall score which the spoor extension will pick up on and track to SCORM - but only if you've configured the spoor settings in config.json to do so (_shouldSubmitScore and _requireAssessmentPassed are probably the two most important settings)

by michael lennon - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 9:33 AM

Succintly, what I want to do is test SCORM tracking with a multiple choice question or set of multiple choice questions. After adding the spool and assessment extensions, I am wondering what else do I need to do to track the score based on correct/incorrect answers to the question, as at the moment, viewing the LMS session log, I do not see any api calls based on question inputs.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 10:29 AM

If you've installed and configured both contrib-assessment and contrib-spoor appropriately then a score should be sent to the LMS once you have completed all the questions in the assessment (i.e. at the point you get the overall assessment feedback).

by michael lennon - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 1:00 PM

Thanks Matt. I guess that's the problem. I don't seem to be getting ab overall assessment feedback. I get correct/incorrect for a question in mcq but no overall assessment feedback.

Looking in FireBug I can see that the first time I go to submit the answer for the MCQ I get

"TypeError: this.getBandedFeedback(...) is undefined" Adapt.min.js Line 126, col 15474) 

TypeError: this.getBandedFeedback(...) is undefined
by michael lennon - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 1:07 PM

Ok Matt. I needed to add feedback bands for the assessment the quiz was wrapped in