Picture of Brayley Pearce
Flag elements only to show on mobile
by Brayley Pearce - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 12:09 PM

Hi,

I saw this on the Adapt website - 

The Adapt framework has the flexibility for every element of the design to be flagged so that you can decide how and what content is shown on a desktop/laptop, tablet and smartphone. This ensures we can provide users with learning on mobile, whether that is an entire courses or a short aide mémoire.

The dev guys I work with don't know of this - can someone help me understand how I can get certain elements from a 'desktop' course to show only when delivered on mobile (e.g. only the text and image blocks but not MCQs, Narratives)?

Many thanks - Brayley

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Flag elements only to show on mobile
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 1:02 PM

Hi Brayley

I presume you would do that by applying custom CSS classes that determine whether the element is visible or not based on the screen size. CSS isn't my forte so I can't give you details of how that's done, sorry!

One thing I do know - in the current version of Adapt, if your course is tracked you'd have a bit of a problem in that a user would not be able to complete the course on a mobile because some of the content would be hidden and therefore couldn't be completed. This should be resolved in the upcoming v2 release where it's possible to make components 'optional' i.e. they don't count towards completion.

Picture of Brayley Pearce
Re: Flag elements only to show on mobile
by Brayley Pearce - Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 2:01 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks very much for this - I too am not that involved in CSS, but the dev guys didn't know where to start - and this ideal...

Thanks again.

Brayley