Picture of Simon Ray
Saving and publishing for LMS
by Simon Ray - Monday, 20 July 2015, 6:37 AM

Hi all

Probably a few basic questions, but ones I can't find answers to.

First: I am editing a course (in the Framework), but can't seem to get the edits to save.  I am using Adobe Edge Code CC to do the edits, and each time I make a change, I save all (ctrl+alt+s).  The changes are being reflected in the live preview (localhost:9001).

Before closing the project, I do another save all, and exit everything.  When I reopen the course to make more changes, all the previous edits are gone.  I am obviously missing a crucial step, but have no idea what.

Second: I need to remove a choice from an MCQ, but when I do, the live preview won't load, it just sits there with the Loading graphic.  Is there another step to just removing the option?

Last question is, once I get all the changes to stick, how does one publish it for an LMS?  The instructions here don't really make any sense to me.

Looking forward to reading your responses tomorrow morning!

Simon

Picture of Paul MacIntyre
Re: Saving and publishing for LMS
by Paul MacIntyre - Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:26 AM

Morning Simon

I'm not sure what's happening with your first problem, it sounds very odd. Are you making the changes in the source folder or the build folder? If you're making them in the source folder and running grunt build after each change, the course should be the same each time you come back to it.

On the second problem you're having, it sounds like a syntax error. Adapt is very fussy about syntax. When you removed a choice from an MCQ, was it the last one on the screen? If so, did you remove the comma at the end of the line before? And were you careful not to remove any of the other closing brackets?

On the third question, once you have completed your course, simply zip the contents of the build folder (not the build folder itself). The zip file will be your publishable content.

Paul

Picture of Simon Ray
Re: Saving and publishing for LMS
by Simon Ray - Monday, 20 July 2015, 11:19 PM

Hi Paul

It's a good thing you're in the UK...I could kiss you right now! :D

You were right. I was working in the build file, not the src file...I knew it had to be something simple.

On the syntax error...again, on the money!

You have made my day. Thank you.

Simon