Picture of michael lennon
Does Adapt install operation require all local plugins to be registered with the adapt registry?
by michael lennon - Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 12:51 PM

Folks,

I have been developing a local plugin without registering it with the plugin registry. I have the component working but when I go to install it in my project via "adapt install" I get "Oh dear, something went wrong I am terribly sorry" package "adapt-pkgwotever" was not found. I have the plugin included in adapt.json. I have actually tested the plugin code by modifying the adapt-hello-world plugin, but now when I rename it and try and install it, I get the above "adapt install" error.

Do plugins need to be registered before they can be included in the "adapt install"? I was led to believe this was not the case.

Thanks

Picture of Brian Quinn
Re: Does Adapt install operation require all local plugins to be registered with the adapt registry?
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 2:16 PM

If you want to run adapt install then the plugin must be registered.  If you've already developed the plugin though there's no need to run adapt install.  Just place the files in the relevant folder, i.e. src/components, src/extensions, etc. and yo should be good to go.

Regards,

BRian

Picture of michael lennon
Re: Does Adapt install operation require all local plugins to be registered with the adapt registry?
by michael lennon - Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 2:33 PM

Thanks Brian, that works great. 

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 8:32 PM

Sorry, Michael, for giving you that extra step. Glad it's resolved now.