Picture of C E
Login For Users
by C E - Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:54 PM

Hello this is a stupid question,

Is there an extension to have people login to save their progress when completing a course?

I have tried reading up on information, but the documentation does not seem to be geared towards new people.

Thanks.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Login For Users
by Chuck Lorenz - Sunday, 26 July 2015, 3:11 AM

Hi C E,

Can you give a little more information about what you are able to do now and about what you wish you could  do?

Are you using the authoring tool or the framework?

Does "save their progress when completing a course" refer to course authors developing a course or to learners taking a course?

Chuck

Picture of C E
by C E - Sunday, 26 July 2015, 4:13 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I am wanting to save the progress of the users, so they can sign-up, login and then pick up from where they left off. I am using the authoring tool, but also diving into the framework to do things the tool does not allow.

Thanks.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Sunday, 26 July 2015, 11:55 AM

The authoring tool currently does not have user management functionality and works on the basis of a single user account and credentials. If you are working with a group of course developers on a single project, the login is shared and everyone who has access to the tool can see and do anything. User management is definitely on the roadmap, and you may already see hints of it in the authoring tool. 

Mark
by Mark Lynch - Monday, 27 July 2015, 7:38 AM

Hi,

To do that you need to enable SCORM tracking in your module. When you publish your module as a SCORMed zip it then needs to get uploaded into an LMS or some other type of site that can track progress via SCORM.

The Authoring Tool is not for end users/consumers of content, it's to author and publish content.