Picture of Helen Bailey
Adapt in Moodle window
by Helen Bailey - Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 1:16 PM

Has anyone put their Adapt course into Moodle as a SCORM package and set to open in a new window?

I get a double scrollbar and space around my iframe because I've disabled the content menu but it keeps the frame - I wondered if anyone else has gotten this and if there's a fix?

I'm on Moodle 2.7, and the admin is controlled by our Uni IS team who are not keen on making big changes that might affect any other users :/

My current method includes trying to use a javascript file to force the parent window to fill itself with my iframe, but I wanted to see if anyone else had come across this!

Cheers

Helen

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt in Moodle window
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 2:29 PM

Yes I have seen this. Not for a while as we generally tend to work with Totara of course ;-) Pretty sure that in Totara they ended up creating an extra option: 'New window (simple)' to work around the layout issues with the course popup that was introduced in Moodle 2.x (not that this is any help to you, at this point, but maybe a suggestion to pass onto the Uni IS team as a future improvement).

The best suggestion I have is actually the same one suggested by Sven here.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 4:23 PM

Thanks Matt! We've been looking at and drooling over totara but just don't have the budget as a department, and the University would need a lot of convincing, although we do have a Moodle meeting on Tuesday, and I know another department are looking at LMSs we might be able to jump on board with in the futue, including Totara.

I've seen that New Window tab for scorm used before and it works great. I just don't know why Moodle hasn't added it as an option by now. I'm looking to see if it's available as a plugin because at least then we could have it as an option rather than them trying to change CSS and screw it up!

Cheers again

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 10:46 PM

Hi Helen

As a Totara user (and manager...) I can highly recommend it!  We have over 30k users on our system and while some of the full user reports a slow, the system works well.

Displaying of the courses in the simple window, as Matt pointed out, is a great feature.

Simon

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 5:23 PM

Matt the window launcher option works fantastically from my desktop but from my mobile it says

Course is not connected to the LMS

ScormWrapper::getValue: _property=cmi.suspend_data

on my iPAD it works ok but i have to use the click here link to get it to launch - doesn't automatically

but the scorm doesn't complain

Thanks so much for the help.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 4 August 2015, 6:19 PM

What kind of mobile?

Switching off the popup blocker on Safari on your iPad should allow it to launch automatically (although Safari will still prompt you to 'allow' the popup window)

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 10:03 AM

Yeah managed to disable all pop-up blockers on every browser and all seems well - it even seems to handle it ok on Mobile now, will see if it complains about SCORM again at any point.

Mobile - LG G3 using Chrome :)