This evening I checked out the Wiki on installing the core code adapt code, and everything went fairly smoothly. I'm not massively familiar with using the npm and terminal on mac, however, the files installed, and I was able to build my first package successfully!
A fairly straightforward setup process :)
Whilst performing the setup (and discussing with Chris Jones) I have updated the wiki as it needed to include 1 extra step.
One thing that I feel needs more clarity / direction is making it easier to find the wiki. I was only made aware of its existence by Chris, and spent about 45 minutes trying to find it (before almost giving up). I'm not sure how important this is at this stage as I know it's still very much in development but maybe something to keep in mind for future.
Great progress though, looks like everyone has been making some big progress over the last few weeks.
I'm hoping to take a look at creating a course and the plugin system next, looking forward to it.