Picture of Paul MacIntyre
V2 and Spoor
by Paul MacIntyre - Thursday, 6 August 2015, 3:29 PM

Hi all

Loving the enhancements to v2 of the framework. I've been getting familiar with it for the last two days now, and I've noticed something odd with spoor and completion status. I have a course with an assessment on one article, but I've noticed on the other articles that spoor shows the non-mcq content as complete as soon as the module loads, I have some text, some graphics and a narrative. I also have trickle enabled. It is behaving properly and only allowing me to move down one block at a time, it also won't let me past the narrative until I have viewed it all, but for some reason spoor shows it as complete as soon as I open the course.

Is anyone else noticing strange behaviour with this?

Thanks

Paul

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: V2 and Spoor
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 6 August 2015, 4:36 PM

Have you by any chance set _isOptional on any of your components? The behaviour you're describing sounds very like what would happen if you had.

I tested spoor pretty extensively prior to release and didn't see anything like this, except when I had a block containing components that were all set to 'optional'.

Picture of Paul MacIntyre
by Paul MacIntyre - Friday, 7 August 2015, 8:03 AM

Hi Matt

Thanks for getting back to me. I tracked down what was going on. I had been building the course piece by piece, and it was the third run through on the course before I had looked at the scorm data. I had failed the assessment, and was retrying it, and the previous completion had been remembered. I had closed the browser before each rebuild, but it seems to have to remembered previous progress. I'm guessing there is a cookie tracking this when you run grunt server-scorm. 

Thanks

Paul

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 7 August 2015, 10:59 AM

Yes that's right, there is. $ grunt server-scorm will run the course using scorm_test_harness.html