Picture of Simon Ray
Re-installing issues
by Simon Ray - Monday, 10 August 2015, 2:02 AM

Hi all

I am having a hard time getting the Framework re-installed onto my PC after a catastrophic failure last week.

I've re-installed the dependencies as per instructions, but when I went to run MongoDB, it refused to run, without saying why.  I installed a previous version (2.6) and that runs fine.

I've tried to continue, but can't install adapt-cli or grunt-cli commands...it seems to work, but when I go to check versions, it comes up with the following:

Have I missed something obvious? Getting really frustrated as I was able to install everything onto a laptop on Thursday last week without a drama.

Simon

Picture of Pedro Monteiro
Re: Re-installing issues
by Pedro Monteiro - Monday, 10 August 2015, 2:45 AM

do not worry , I'm also trying since last week 'm aprece same problem ... exactly the same. I 've had just about everything working except publish and preview and made a fresh reinstallation. but now not detect the commands equal to you. 
Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 10 August 2015, 10:49 AM

From the output, it looks like things are installing OK but then just not being found when you try to run them. My guess is that this is down to the npm folder not having been added to your path.

Have you rebooted since installing Node and Git?

in Win 7 click start then type 'view advanced', click 'view advanced system settings', click 'Environment variables' and in the top section double-click the PATH entry. The variable value should contain (among other other things) a path like C:\Users\simon.ray\AppData\Roaming\npm

FYI MongoDB isn't required by the framework, only by the authoring tool.

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 12:26 AM

Hi Matt

Once again, you are on the money! Thanks!

Simon