Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
Question component turned off in pagelevel progress but still requires completion in Spoor
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Thursday, 20 August 2015, 7:46 AM

Hi everybody,

I was busy finalizing a course (SCORM) for upload to Moodle. This all works perfectly. Due to our requirements and didactic use we want to avoid having some question components to not appear in the Page Level Progress. This works pretty well. No in Moodle the course is only completed if everything is done including the question components. Is there a way that Spoor avoids any components in it's completion requirements?

Our questions are mainly for the fun of it and they do not require a completion so our idea was to remove them from the Page Level Progress which results in a very clean (chapter based) course overview. But when I skip a question Moodle says the course is incomplete.

Is it possible to alter this in one of the settings (Spoor, question component, course) or something?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Question component turned off in pagelevel progress but still requires completion in Spoor
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 20 August 2015, 12:37 PM

v2 of the framework added support for the _isOptional property on components, setting this will exclude those components from any completion calculations

Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
Re: Question component turned off in pagelevel progress but still requires completion in Spoor
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Friday, 21 August 2015, 6:21 AM

Hi Matt,

Great!

Well then for now I will just leave it in the PageLevelProgress otherwise we might create a false expectation of completion at our students. I'll be looking forward seeing _isOptional in the Builder.

As always, thank you for your clear answer.