Picture of Greg Pell
Trickle & Bookmarking Issue?
by Greg Pell - Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 6:28 AM

Hi,

I have built a course using the latest version of the Adapt framework and it's common components. I have enabled Bookmarking / Spoor etc.. and have trickle enabled on most articles throughout my course.

Two issues I have come across:

1. When resuming a course and selecting to resume where I left off from the Bookmarking prompt it takes me to the correct page but back to the top. I can see by clicking on the Page Menu that I have completed a number of the subsequent pages but they are greyed out because trickle thinks I haven't completed any on that page yet? Is maybe trickle causing this issue?

2. On one particular page, when I resume via bookmarking I can't get past the first article on the page. I have an article > block > accordion (left) + accordion (right). When I expand each accordion the trickle does not seem to fire and display the "Continue" bar. I don't seem to have this issue on other pages when resuming from bookmarking, trickle seems to continue to work as expected.

Other than these two issues, I am happy with the functionality around bookmarking etc..\

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Trickle & Bookmarking Issue?
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 9:05 AM

if you've got an issue with the completion of articles/blocks/components not being restored, the most likely explanation is that you missing/duplicate tracking ids in blocks.json. Have you recently run task to populate this with tracking ids?

Picture of Greg Pell
by Greg Pell - Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 2:00 PM

I did run 'grunt tracking-insert' before I ran the build command to ensure all my id's were up to date. Is that what you mean?

Thanks

Greg

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 3:11 PM

Yes, that's right. It sounded like your tracking data wasn't getting restored properly.

I can't think of anything else off hand

Any chance you can share this course so one of us can take a look?

Picture of Greg Pell
by Greg Pell - Wednesday, 9 September 2015, 1:31 AM

Hi Matt,

All the blocks appear to have tracking id's. In any case I have sent you a link to the scorm package. The issue I was experiencing was when I got part way through the second page, closed and resumed the course. I could then not progress past the first component. You should also notice that it takes you to the start of the page.

As an FYI I was testing this in SCORM Cloud.

Thanks

Greg

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 9 September 2015, 4:38 PM

Right, looking at your course I completely see what you mean.

I wonder if it actually may be down to an issue one of our team has just submitted a fix for?

Save this file over the top of the one with the same name in your src folder (src\extensions\adapt-contrib-trickle\js\adapt-contrib-trickle.js), then build your course again. Re-upload to LMS, clear cache and give it another try.

Picture of Greg Pell
by Greg Pell - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 1:59 AM

Unfortunately that didn't seem to make any difference :( I assume you tried to replicate it?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 8:49 AM

I assume you tried to replicate it?

How do you mean?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 9:26 AM

I was able to replicate the issue using the build you sent me. But I was not able to test if the amended code works as I don't have your src files, only the build

Picture of Greg Pell
by Greg Pell - Friday, 11 September 2015, 12:57 AM

Yes, that it what I meant :) Well as I said, it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue unfortunately.

What is the best way we can look at getting this bug replicated and recorded so that someone can look at it?

Thanks

Greg

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 11 September 2015, 8:54 AM

Could you share the src as well? Then I will be able to do a bit more debugging. If you could remove the video files from both src and build that will make it a lot easier to transfer!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 23 October 2015, 8:10 PM

Hi Greg

As I mentioned by PM, the solution is to add this:

"_trickle": {
    "_completionAttribute": "_isComplete"
}

into your config.json