Picture of Oscar Arango
Adding Opentip to framework
by Oscar Arango - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 4:15 PM

Hello,

I'm setting up Opentip to work with Adapt-framework, currently I'm trying to do this using the basic setup of Opentip which requires me to a file reference to the <head> section of an html file.  Looking at the templates folder, which is best to use, need to be able to carry this across multiple pages any help is great.

thanks,

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adding Opentip to framework
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 11 September 2015, 9:10 AM

Hi Oscar

There is only one 'page' in Adapt so you don't need to worry about it carrying across multiple pages.

Presumably the opentip documentation is telling you to add a <script> tag into the HTML file? You could probably just amend the file src/index.html to add this, but really the correct way would be to create an OpenTip plugin that imports the code using require.

Picture of Oscar Arango
by Oscar Arango - Friday, 11 September 2015, 12:58 PM

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately after reading and reviewing the plugin, component creation it's going to be rather hard without seeing it be done.  it would cool if someone with more experience created this and threw it up on Git.  I would love to be apart of it if at all  possible.  I can get opentip to work in regular html site but trying to use the plugin system is rather a challenge.  to bad, would love to contribute.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 11 September 2015, 3:13 PM

Hi Oscar

Obviously I don't know anything about Opentip beyond what I've scanned through today in order to respond to this - but from that it looks like it might be quite easy to set up.

If you are willing to give it a go, you could try heading over to https://gitter.im/adaptlearning/adapt_framework to ask for support - someone may be able to suggest a similar plugin you could look at.