Picture of Laith Salama
Publish/Preview not working
by Laith Salama - Monday, 21 September 2015, 2:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm having a couple of problems here. Firstly was with a server 500 error which i've now resolved by downgrading node to v0.10.33.

Now the publish/preview is not working. I try to preview and it tells me the below and freezes

"Generating preview...

Your preview is taking some time to generate. Please wait..."

I try to publish and it outputs a few JSON files in an EN folder and a root JSON and that's it. The data (blocks, components etc) are in the JSON files but it's not displaying anything, not quite sure what final output should look like (as i've not even got that far yet!) but this feels very incomplete and it has no CSS or HTML accompaniments.

I have attached my published file for everyone to check out if they want.

I have reinstalled the Authoring tool and the Framework several times to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm failing to find a fix on the forums.

Thanks,

Laith
Picture of Dave Wallace
Re: Publish/Preview not working
by Dave Wallace - Monday, 21 September 2015, 9:49 PM

I was having the same issue, it is resolved for me now by switching from the 'master' branch to the 'develop' branch and running 'npm update' and 'npm install', ensuring that you're still running node 0.10.33.

The above did overwrite my additions to mongodb however, maybe someone else can advise further if you're concerned about losing data that you might have already had in your db.

Picture of James Brown
by James Brown - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:20 AM

Run a fresh install and then after cloning your framework from githun, CD to your adapt_framework directory and then run the following command. 

git checkout develop

Next,  proceed with the installation as you did before. You should be able to preview your projects.

Have a look here, we also had a similar problem but got it fixed.

https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=930

Picture of Laith Salama
by Laith Salama - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:58 PM

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your response, link and solution. It's fixed it.

Much appreciated,

Laith