Picture of Jack Sumeray
Page Level Progress not working correctly
by Jack Sumeray - Thursday, 24 September 2015, 2:49 PM

I have a course with several components on a page. I have certain components set to 

"_pageLevelProgress": {
"_isEnabled": false
}

and 3 of the components set to

"_isEnabled": true
}

However, when I go through the page and complete the mandatory components the page-level-progress bar is only filling us with 60%, this is causing the course to not mark as complete on our LMS. I have tried using _isOptional to overcome this but that hasn't helped. This problem has only started to occur whilst we've moved on to using Adapt 2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Page Level Progress not working correctly
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 24 September 2015, 3:51 PM

It should just be a case of setting _isOptional to true on any components where you have switched off _pageLevelProgress - so far that has always worked for me

Picture of Jack Sumeray
by Jack Sumeray - Friday, 25 September 2015, 10:16 AM

Hi Matt,

I have gone through and changed where I had

"_isEnabled": false
}

to

"_isEnabled": false,
"_isOptional": true
}

And the problem persists, any ideas?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 25 September 2015, 11:01 AM

You're putting _isOptional in the wrong place, it shouldn't be a 'child' property of _pageLevelProgress, it should be a 'sibling' property.

You also don't need to include _pageLevelProgress at all in those instances. If that property it not present, the default setting is that the component will not be displayed in PLP.

If you look at the components.json that you get when you create an Adapt v2 course you'll see several examples e.g. c-95