Picture of Bob Heckmann
Authoring tool "publish" error
by Bob Heckmann - Thursday, 8 October 2015, 8:19 PM

I'm not able to preview or publish from the authoring tool. Nothing happens on the screen with Preview but Publish does generate project files. When I launch the index.html file it just spins in the browser window (please see attached console output from Safari and Chrome).

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I'm evaluating this framework as a potential platform for our enterprise learning needs and am very enthusiastic about its potential. Unfortunately, I'm finding the implementation barriers to be quite significant.

Regards,

Bob

Picture of Dave Wallace
Re: Authoring tool "publish" error
by Dave Wallace - Thursday, 8 October 2015, 9:02 PM

Hi Bob,

Can you have a look at this thread: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=957

Have a read of that stuff, I too had difficulties, but after running the..

grunt build:prod

..command in particular during the installation process, I was able to get up and running.

The barriers to entry people have been mentioned is an interesting topic, as the architecture employed in Adapt's construction is using some new, advanced technologies and is very forward-thinking. But like many new things in the tech world, they can start off seeming quite complex until convenience is wrapped around to lower those barriers.

Picture of Bob Heckmann
Re: Authoring tool "publish" error
by Bob Heckmann - Friday, 9 October 2015, 6:14 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I've been through the thread you referenced and have done the grunt build:prod step numerous times but it hasn't resolved the problem.

Bob