Picture of Helen Bailey
Graphic component issue in AT 0.1.2
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 12 October 2015, 10:28 AM

I've started a new course and added some text and graphic components. It published fine with the text only but once I try to publish with any images in it I get Error Generating Preview and the attached error in command prompt......

Any clues?

UPDATE: I also started a brand new course, added just a left had graphic and put in a picture, tried to Preview and got the same error...

SECOND UPDATE: I added an accordion, works fine, but if i add a picture to one of the accordion items, same issue, so something is very wrong with images :(

THIRD UPDATE: My asset manager is working fine - I am getting thumbnails, can add and delete images ok. 

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Graphic component issue in AT 0.1.2
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 12 October 2015, 11:08 AM

Digging about a bit on the world wide wibble I'm wondering if it's to do with node, as I'm using 4.1.1?

Deseprately trying to change my node version using nvmw or nodist now! But i'm on a University network so they won't let me do it easily....

Helen

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Monday, 12 October 2015, 11:21 AM

HI Helen,

I haven't seen that error before but it's entirely possible it's due to some breaking changes in your Node version.  I should stress that Node 0.10.33 is the only officially supported version right now, anything else is un-tested.

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 12 October 2015, 11:25 AM

Cheers Brian - I figured it would be but it seemed to work well so far even with 4.1.1. Have managed to get around my network security policy with nodist to take it back to 0.10.33 and all is working great now.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 12 October 2015, 11:24 AM

UPDATE : nvmw wouldn't work on my network's policy but nodist does and I have changed to v0.10.33 of Node now.

FINAL UPDATE: Graphics all working as expected. So node 0.10.33 is indeed vital, especially for graphics, even if it appears to be working ok with other versions!

Helen