Picture of Simon Hedges
How do I add a theme to Adapt Builder? and Graphics problem
by Simon Hedges - Tuesday, 13 October 2015, 1:06 PM

Hi

I've started using the framework and Adapt Builder and, having customised the theme to my preferred look and feel, I'd like to add this theme to Builder so that I can select between vanilla and my theme.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this please?

Also...

When I select images from the Asset picker for graphic objects and then Preview I get a message saying "Error generating preview, please contact Administrator". The Builder seems to define a folder path that doesn't point to the Assets folder. Is this a known bug or am I going wrong somewhere? I've built the course and run it outside the framework, having first altered the path, and all seems OK.

Thanks for your help. 

Picture of Simon Hedges
Re: How do I add a theme to Adapt Builder? and Graphics problem
by Simon Hedges - Tuesday, 13 October 2015, 3:43 PM

I've got the graphics components working by installing the correct previous version of Node (thanks to a previous answer).

Still struggling to add a theme. Any help greatly appreciated.

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Tuesday, 13 October 2015, 4:03 PM

Hi Simon,

Assuming you've created your theme based on a copy of Vanilla, you can import it into the authoring tool via the Plugin Management > Upload Plugin screen.  To do this, you'll want to change a few things first, to ensure your theme can co-exist alongside Vanilla.

In bower.json, update the following properties, so that they refer to your new theme:

• name
  • displayName
  • theme
  • main

Then zip up everything (take care if using a OSX on a Mac to exclude the Apple specific files).  Your folder structure should look similar to Vanilla.

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-vanilla/archive/v2.0.0.zip

Hope this helps.

Brian

Picture of Simon Hedges
by Simon Hedges - Wednesday, 14 October 2015, 3:55 PM

Thanks Brian

I've got this working nicely - is it possible to delete uploaded plugins; if not could this be a future feature.

Also, how about:

• Deleting a course.
  • Cloning a course.
  • Copying elements (pages, blocks, components, etc.) between courses.
Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 14 October 2015, 4:47 PM

Hi Simon,

You can't delete uploaded plugins from the front-end right now.  This would cause problems if you attempted to publish a course that had that plugin.  It's something we can consider though.

To answer your other questions.

• You can delete a course.  
  • You can clone/copy a course.  
  • You can't copy elements between courses right now.

Regards,

Brian 

Picture of Simon Hedges
by Simon Hedges - Thursday, 15 October 2015, 1:39 PM

My custom theme seems to be working fine, but how do I change the icon in the Theme picker. It's just using the standard vanilla one now and I can't see anything relevant in adapt-contrib-vanilla-2.0.0.zip