Picture of Carmen Duran
Media Component playerOptions - Fullscreen
by Carmen Duran - Friday, 16 October 2015, 3:35 AM

First time using Adapt Framework and already addicted. Just created my first course, but I’m struggling to get the media component to display video in fullscreen mode.

Understand that the _playerOptions features are still in experimental mode, but just wondering if anyone had experimented more with them and succeeded at getting fullscreen mode to work.

For me, no matter what I change on the player options, I get the same behaviour. I tried Firefox, IE, on and off the LMS, and always the same. The media seems to go to fullscreen for a less than a second and then it shrinks back and moves to the middle left section. It stays small until I get out of full screen mode.

I haven't changed anything on my adapt-contrib-media component, any thoughts appreciated on different things that I could try.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Media Component playerOptions - Fullscreen
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 October 2015, 9:45 AM

We've all had the same problems I'm afraid.

We even recently updated the media component to the latest version of mediaelement.js but full-screen mode still doesn't work properly in any desktop browser.

If you really need to have full-screen mode available (and don't require IE8 or captioning support) then our native-media component is worth a try.

Note that IE9 doesn't support full-screen video at all.

Picture of Carmen Duran
by Carmen Duran - Sunday, 18 October 2015, 11:25 PM

Thanks for the prompt response Matt, this native-media component works great on IE11, but some of my users are still on IE8, so unfortunately I still have to support IE8.

Was thinking on possibly turning on-off fullscreen mode based on browser. Not yet sure how this would be possible, but I'll start looking into that possibility.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 19 October 2015, 9:13 AM

No problem at all.

If you wanted to do conditional full-screen mode, this line would be the place to start.