Picture of David Bennett
_trackingID
by David Bennett - Friday, 16 October 2015, 1:58 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to this and am trying to figure out a good work flow. Thinking about the _trackingId property... I've seeen that it should be unique but I've also seen snippets in the forums here where it was set to 0 over the whole course. 

So what does _trackingId do and does it need to be set?

And the million dollar question: do you have a way to auto update the trackingId if say you add a block at the beginning of the course and have to adjust all the other values by +1. Or do they not have to be in order? I imagine not having them in order would bite one in the arse at a later date...

Any thoughts, info or links would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Picture of David Bennett
Re: _trackingID
by David Bennett - Friday, 16 October 2015, 2:32 PM

OK so I found the answer to the tracking numeration problem here: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Deploying-and-testing-your-Adapt-course

which kind of makes all the other questions non-issues :)

Have a good weekend!

me
by Sven Laux - Friday, 16 October 2015, 2:34 PM

Hi David,

Glad you found the answer and thanks for posting the response to your question. Have a great weekend, too.

All the best,
Sven

Picture of David Bennett
by David Bennett - Friday, 16 October 2015, 2:44 PM

A new, related question - I know I've seen a grunt command to get rid of the SCORM connection (and thereby ditch the no-LMS complaint popup)

My guess was grunt build -nolms but that didn't do what I intended.

Anyone?

me
by Sven Laux - Friday, 16 October 2015, 3:25 PM

Hi David,

you need to uninstall or disable the spoor extension. Here is a short post from Matt, that links you further... 

Best,
Sven

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 October 2015, 4:32 PM

Actually that post isn't quite about that... this will be more helpful.

The link in the second post in this thread also contains the answer you need which is to run grunt server-scorm

To uninstall the contrib-spoor extension completely, you simply delete the adapt-contrib-spoor folder and its contents from the src/extensions folder then run grunt build or grunt dev

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Friday, 16 October 2015, 4:43 PM

Hi David,

If you want an automated solution, and have the adapt-cli installed, you can also run:

adapt uninstall contrib-spoor

This will take care of removing the relevant files (as per Matt's suggestion), and update the adapt.json file (which is used by adapt-cli when setting up/updating a course).