Picture of Arend Raifsnider
Certain Content Objects Not Loading
by Arend Raifsnider - Friday, 16 October 2015, 5:15 PM

Just doing a little QA on the course I've been developing and I noticed that the content in my first contentObject doesn't load when I test on Scormcloud. I just get the spinning "Loading" animation. All my other contentObjects work fine.

I tested on Dropbox with Firefox and it worked. Is there any specific content that might cause this kind of issue just on the LMS? I haven't tested it on our own LMS just yet, so I don't know if the problem occurs there too.

Thanks!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Certain Content Objects Not Loading
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 October 2015, 6:35 PM

It could be a case-insensitive file reference? Normally it's only Windows-based computers that don't understand that 'file.ext' isn't the same as 'File.ext' but it's possible that dropbox somehow resolves these. SCORM Cloud definitely won't.

Try opening the developer tools then going to the 'network' tab, see if you get an error like in the attached where I deliberately capitalised the name of a file that should be all lower-case

by Arend Raifsnider - Friday, 16 October 2015, 7:31 PM

Firebug found two image errors (404 Not Found). That's strange, because when I check the images folder in my build I see them there. Might that be the problem, and if so, why aren't they getting uploaded to Scormcloud when I can see them in my local directory?

See screenshot.

Image Error

by Arend Raifsnider - Friday, 16 October 2015, 8:11 PM

Matt, 

I got it fixed! It seems those image files must have gotten corrupted. I resaved them in Photoshop and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Arend