Picture of Chuck Lorenz
modifying screen sizes
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:56 PM

Hi folks,

I want to specify screen sizes that are different from the Adapt defaults. To be clear, I'm not talking about break points that are set in CSS media queries. I know this can be achieved by modifying values in adapt-contrib-vanilla/less/generic.less. I want to change the widths that determine the Adapt.device.screenSize values.

I believe default screen sizes appear in core/js/models/configModel.js, but I was under the impression that there was/is a more user-friendly configuration option, like the screen vlaues that appear in adapt-contrib-vanilla/theme.json. When I alter the values in theme.json and rebuild the course, I see no change. The only place I have found so far that will change these values is within core/js/models/configModel.js. Am I overlooking something? 

Thanks for any insight.

Chuck

Picture of Brian Quinn
Re: modifying screen sizes
by Brian Quinn - Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 10:13 AM

Hi Chuck,

The Adapt.device.screenSize values are determined by the breakpoints defined in the config model.  Unfortunately, this seems to have been missed from the schema responsible for the Configuration Settings screen in the authoring tool.  

I've added a ticket for this here, and it should go out with the imminent release of 0.1.3.

Thanks for raising this.

Regards,

Brian

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: modifying screen sizes
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 1:38 PM

Thanks, Brian!