I knew about Adapt two days ago and as I found-it very interesting I tried to install the authoring tool to my windows 8.1 computer. And that was hard...!
I used the virtual box method, that always crashed with a timeout during the Vagrant installation. Until I found that the Virtual box was unable to create an Ubuntu 64 bits. After may searches on the web I found I had to modify my BIOS, to enable Intel virtualsation...
Finally it worked and I was able to open Chrome and do the famous localhost:5000 to enter into Adapt authoring tool.
I created a first one page test, but when I download-it and try to run it from my desktop... just the blank page!
I would like to see the files and others where the module is stored... no shared folder on Windows and impossible to log into the virtual box adapt drive, as I do not have the login for the installed Ubunto...
A bit hard, but I'm sure I'll find the answers.
To avoid that kind of frustration, it would be fine to have a support page or elearning module or pdf or anything else with:
- On which OS Adapt (authoring tool and framework) can be installed
- A schema for each installation and alternatives (i.ex. Virtual box or directly in Windows?, installing in an Ubunto desktop...?)
- Precautions for each installations
- Where to find the projects directories
- What can be wrong and how to correct-it
I know adapt team has already done a hard work trying to simplify our job, but we are not necessarely computer specialists!
Tnanks a lot,