Picture of Kareem Elsayed
Review and Collaboration Tool
by Kareem Elsayed - Friday, 30 October 2015, 6:34 PM

Hello Adapt community,

I recently started using Adapt and I am curious what you guys use to review and collaborate on courses in development with Subject Matter Experts?

I am currently uploading the course to a sandbox instance of an LMS, having SMEs take screenshots, and collecting the screenshots in a document. Then I resolve the issues and mark them as completed but it is an incredibly painful process.

Are there tools out there that web designers use to collect and address feedback?

I would love to hear your best practices!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Review and Collaboration Tool
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 30 October 2015, 7:49 PM

We use TRAC, mostly for internal use but do occasionally make it available to clients/SMEs. It's very configurable and integrates really nicely with our version control system (Subversion). It also has a wiki and some nice, if basic, project management features plus a ton of extensions over at TRAC Hacks (this one is particularly useful)

One of our developers built this extension which adds a clickable label to each article/block/component that, when clicked, will open a new TRAC ticket with the summary field pre-populated with the relevant ID. It is, however, a bit tricky to set up unless you have experience with that sort of thing, might be easier to find a hosting service.

There's also Review My eLearning, though I've never used this myself.

No reason you couldn't also just use Github...

by Kareem Elsayed - Friday, 6 November 2015, 6:31 PM

Thanks for that Matt. I tried installing that extension but when I do, I get an error saying it isn't compatible with my version of Adapt (2.0.2). Any guidance there?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 6 November 2015, 7:13 PM

Hi Kareem

It just needs a bit of extra info adding to bower.json. I've done that in a branch here: https://github.com/moloko/adapt-inspector/tree/patch-1

by Kareem Elsayed - Friday, 6 November 2015, 10:41 PM

Great thank you so much! Now when I go to build with the extension included in my course I get an error:

Warning: Unable to parse "src/extensions/adapt-inspector-patch-1/properties.schema" file (Unexpected token }). Use --force to continue.

Did I mess up in the install?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 9 November 2015, 10:04 AM

no, that'd be my fault for leaving a comma on line 45. I've deleted it now.

by Kareem Elsayed - Monday, 9 November 2015, 11:25 PM

Fantastic! Thank you Matt, it is working now (but only for some reason when I select each component/block on my touch display but not when I mouse over). I am still yet to test in the test environment with the plugin.

Picture of Bhavya Aggarwal
by Bhavya Aggarwal - Monday, 8 February 2016, 1:54 PM

Hi Kareem,

Please check out zipBoard. zipBoard is exactly what you are doing with your e-Learning courses for review, just that you can do it all at one place. That is you can take screenshots, add comments and assign tasks all of it in zipBoard. It works with all SCORM/ HTML courses. Please do check it out, if it takes care of your requirements. Would love to hear your thoughts on it. 

Best,

Bhavya

Read more here : http://elearningindustry.com/zipboard-simplify-elearning-content-development-visual-feedback

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 10:56 AM

Hello Bhavya,

I have just signed up to a free account with Zip Borad and first impressions are great! I'm hoping to try this out with some collaborators when I start my next eLearning project and I will feedback once we have used it.

Thank you for bringing it to the attention of the community it could be very useful for people!

All the best

Helen

Picture of Bhavya Aggarwal
by Bhavya Aggarwal - Tuesday, 23 February 2016, 12:30 PM

Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for signing up and giving zipBoard a try :)

Would love to hear what you think. If you like, I would be also glad to walk you through the product. 

Cheers

Bhavya